Friday, January 05, 2007

New Year

I saw out the end of 2006 in the fair city of Edinburgh, and it turned out to be a(nother) right good do. When I say that Edinburgh was "fair" this in no way refers to the weather, which was just appalling. So bad in fact that all the Hogmannay events in the city were called off. And, dammit, I so wanted to do a ceilidh.

... and I was going to write a whole thing on the weekend but can't be arsed as I am knackered. I'll just highlight a few salient points:
Rach, Dave and John.
Drive.
Katy.
Cats.
Brie toasties and whole garlic clove stuffed olives.
Air bed.
Bus.
Wind. Rain. Rain. Wind.
Coffee.
Castle.
Wind. rain.
Haggis, neaps and tatties.
Did I mention wind and rain?
Other people.
Deep fried Mars bar.
Rain.
Bus.
Bus.
Hurricane.
Pub.
Countdown.
Texting.
Fireworks (in London).
Streets full of people.
Wind and rain. Dammit.
Bus.
Air bed (properly blown up).
Goodbyes.
Drive. Drive. Drive.

So, you get the picture?

Thanks to Rachael, Katy, John and Dave.

Roll on 2007.

No comments: