Thursday, January 25, 2007

2007: year of music...

Bands touring for whom I already have a ticket:
Barenaked Ladies (Leeds, March)
Dave Matthews (solo) (Manchester, March)
Dave Matthews Band (Wembley, May)
Toto (Manchester, March)

Bands rumoured to be touring for whom I will get tickets (note the total Canadian bias of this section):
Rush ('autumn'... 'early 2008' ) New album due May. Produced by guy who has been doing the Foo fighters, so it should ROCK.
The Tragically Hip ('summer').

Bands reforming for whom I will get a ticket:
Crowded House. New album imminent. Ok, it won't quite be the same without Paul Hester, but those SONGS...

Bands reforming who I won't get a ticket for as I won't go to a football stadium/stand in a field:
Genesis. Shame - would like to see them again.

Bands probably/possibly reforming for whom I would give my right arm to see - in a football stadium or wherever:
Van Halen with Dave Lee Roth. Now definitely on: doing 40 dates in the States. I doubt they'll get over here though :-( .
Edit: This was definitely on (for about a week) but then postponed as EVH has gone into rehab. Phew: rock and roll.

The Police (looking likely now).
Edit: At £85 a ticket they can stick it.

Band for whom there are no rumours/announcements but who should just get over here and play anyway as they are (he is) overdue a visit:
Prince

Looks like we may get ZZ Top this summer. Excellent.

No comments: