Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Second open water swim

Err, yes, so I chickened out. I get a Tuesday evening free and all of a sudden there's the opportunity to go biking with the North Leeds Tuesday nighters around Ilkley Moor in utterly glorious weather. It's either that or a swim in a dank lake, full of weeds and stuff.

I managed to convince myself that another horrible lake experience would do more harm than good, and make me more nervous about the race swim. Hmmm. We shall see eh?

The biking was great by the way. LOADS of great singletrack round the moor on footpaths. There's apparently a Bradford council ruling which gives bikers permissive rights to all the Ilkley moor trails, which is handy. As long as we don't 'cause damage' ie churn it up in the mud. And there's no sign of any mud up there at the moment as we continue to bake in the heat. A brilliant ride. Nice pub up there too to finish off in - The Cow and Calf.

No comments: