Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Idle blogger

I'm not using this blog at all of late, and I guess should do more. especially as we've just been cycling round Northern Ireland and this would the the ideal place to post a write up of the experience... I'll see if I can get round to that.

Lots of concerts around, and this weekend Rach and I are off to london to see Bruce Springsteen at the Hyde Park Calling weekender 'festival'. (Also featured are The Killers on Friday and Neil Young Saturday.) It's also Glastonbury this weekend and Springsteen is gracing them with his presence. At least this means he'll be in the telly as BBC will be covering that festival. Am also seeing Dave Matthews Band on Thursday at Brixton Academy which to be honest is even more of an exciting prospect than seeing The Boss in a park. The only other time I have visited Brixton Academy was with the Uni crew when we did a jolly over there from Cardiff to see the Spin Doctors. This involved driving across and leaving the car with RB's mates "The Jesus Army" and stopping at Jane Thorning's house in Streatham. The Spin Doctors were fantastic, and I rememeber the venue as being great too.

Also on the agenda for this weekend's London visit is Derren Brown in the West End. Another 'must see' artist for me, and one of my heroes to be honest. So, all in all an exciting weekend in prospect.

1 comment:

B said...

I also remember you as the experienced concert-goer telling us to make sure our laces were tightly tied....only to find yours undone during the first song and almost disappearing under the throng.