Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dave Matthews

Dave Matthews. Who is he? Just know that he is an American and usually seen fronting the Dave Matthews Band. Never heard of them either? Good. Lets keep it that way.
I saw him and his mate Tim Reynolds play a two and a half hour acoustic show in Manchester last week which was one of the best live gigs I have ever seen. Whether it was the amazing songs, the wonderful delivery or the tangible air of nervous expectation from the sell out crowd (this man is a genuine American icon) I don’t know. But the combination of factors made this (for me anyhow) a quite extraordinary event to witness.
And I get to see the whole Dave Matthews band in London in May – the first time they’ve played the UK for over 10 years – and that will be a real treat.

No comments: