Thursday, December 08, 2005

It was 25 years ago today

Today is the 25th anniversary of the death of John Lennon. I remember the morning he was shot being woken up to the news on Liverpool’s Radio City. It was very sad that he was murdered so tragically but as for the outpouring of grief after he had gone... it seemed to me that the Americans idolised him to a far greater extent than we did, and to be honest I can’t say I ever liked the bloke's music or his attitude. With the Beatles, although they were a fabulous band, I’ve always thought McCartney’s songs were better and even George Harrison outshone him musically after their split. As for Lennon being a “Working Class Hero” ? Loud mouthed, aggressive drug addicted yob more like it. The fact that the Gallagher brothers pratically worship the guy says it all.

No comments: